About Moomoo Ponchos
Once upon a time…there was a little girl who loved dressing up. She loved camping, having fun at festivals, making sandcastles on the beach and going to the park. She was much like lots of other little girls and boys throughout the kingdom who love to spend time outside.
Sometimes, when the little girl got chilly after a swim or in the late afternoon, she needed something warm, snuggly and FUN to keep her warm. But, Mummy couldn’t find anything that was just right.
So, always one to feed the imagination and bringing together all of her skills and experience as a Garment Technologist for Children's Clothing, Mummy decided to buy some fleece fabric and make her little girl a poncho.
Warm, practical and easy to put on without getting in the way of playtime: the little girl instantly loved her cosy, stylish poncho. Before long, family, friends and even strangers on the street were requesting a poncho for their children!
Prototypes were developed and tested by both boys and girls, who loved them so much that they barely took them off for a week! The children played in them, ate in them, slept in them…lived in them! So, Mummy decided to share her ponchos with all the children of the land and Moomoo Ponchos was born.
I founded Moomoo Ponchos in 2015 and have been selling my bespoke, handmade ponchos to countless happy customers ever since. As a mother, I understand the demands on children’s clothing. As an experienced professional, I am in a position to create high quality garments that are perfect for the rough and tumble of kid-life!
I’m dedicated to creating the highest quality garments that are not only practical, but fun and stylish, too. From the carefully chosen textiles through to design, development and finished product, I take the greatest care at every stage.
- NVQ in Manufacturing from Textiles
- Diploma in Art and Design
- Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design
- BA (HONS) FASHION
- 20+ years in Technical, Design and Child Safety Legislation.
- Extensive work with many major retailers including: Next, TU, George, Tesco, New Look, Fat Face, Peacocks, Primark, Debenhams, John Richmond, John Rocha, Ozwald Boateng, Jeff Banks, Jasper Conran, BHS, T.M. Lewin, Top Shop.
- Major Award Finalist for FHM Menswear Magazine for tailoring, vision and design of the future of clothing.
- Work at a couture fashion house in London supplying high end capes, stoles and scarves to Selfridges and Harrods along with Joseph and other well-known brands, which were a popular choice for attending the opera, ballet etc.
- Designing and making bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dresses and evening gowns.
- Garment development and spec grading.
- Mum to a lovely little girl of 7 who keeps me on my toes!
Moomoo Ponchos are available in different sizes for all children. There are designs for girls and boys in a huge range of fleece patterns. You’re sure to find something perfect for your little one in my collection!
All Moomoo Ponchos are:
- Made from a soft polar fleece fabric
- Highly insulating
- Hydrophobic – repels water
- Designed, developed and produced by myself and my team
- Handmade & finished in the UK
- Easy Care
- Safe: Intertek Certificates obtained in Safety Aspects of Children’s Clothing.
If you’ve got any questions or I can help with an order, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, why not browse my collection of Moomoo ponchos now?